A dentist is a doctor who specialises in treating diseases and conditions of the teeth and gums. They are also tasked with the repair or removal of a bad tooth as well as the input of an artificial tooth. They are very knowledgeable in matters concerning the mouth, teeth and gums.
Many a time, teeth issues could be an indication of other health issues. Additionally, the health of the mouth is of utmost importance as it is a vital part of the body. As a result of this, any little discomfort in the mouth should be taken seriously. The best way to handle it would be to bring it to the table of a dentist.
A dentist is usually caring and compassionate when attending to patients. Before you visit the best dentist in Saigon, read through to see how they can help you and also to know the particular specialist that you need. Afterwards, you can go ahead and book the right appointment.
What Does A Dentist Do?
The primary role of a dentist is to maintain oral health. To do so, they schedule appointments with clients and also do regular check-ups to ensure proper oral health. During the appointments, they encourage the patients to practice good oral health, especially by brushing regularly.
There are a lot of things that a dentist can do; that is the reason why they all have an area of specialisation. Let’s take a look at some of the different specialisations and the services that they offer within the field.
- Endodontics: Dentist in this area specialise in the internal tissues, otherwise known as the pulp of the tooth. This part is made up of blood vessels and nerves. They deal with the inner tooth and root canal treatments generally.
- Orthodontics: This specialisation focus on teeth alignment and straightening. They treat disorders arising from misaligned teeth and jaw. They fit braces and also deal with issues with bones around the mouth and jaw area.
- Periodontics: This specialisation focus on the area around the tooth. This area includes the gums and tissues. They are tasked with handling diseases of the gum.
- Prosthodontics: Prosthodontics focuses on the appearance of the teeth. You can call it cosmetic dentistry. They fit implants to cover up for removed teeth.
- Paediatrics Dentistry: Paediatrics generally refer to children. A Paediatrics dentist specialises in treating children teeth. They usually work with other specialisations to ensure that the children are well taken care of.
Health issues should not be taken likely, no matter how little it may seem. The slightest discomfort in the mouth should not be overlooked. It is also not a thing to be shy about. It is better to get proper medical attention as soon as possible to make you feel better.
Lastly, ensure you visit your dentist at least once every three months to have a proper check-up and receive advice. Endeavour to change your toothbrush at least once every three months to keep your oral health in check. Go ahead and book an appointment with a dentist today to keep your mouth fresh and healthy.